[eDebate] Research at CEDA Nationals

Darren Elliott delliott
Sun Jan 14 15:51:16 CST 2007

This is a re-post of my Decembed email on this subject.
thanks
----------
One of my duties as 2nd VP is to oversee and help with any research
projects to be conducted through CEDA, especially at CEDA Nationals.

If you are interested in conducting research at CEDA Nationals in Norman
in March please contact me as soon as you can.  We will need to jump
through the necessary hoops and get the research approved.  Occasionally
in the past some people have done research on their own.  At NCA the
CEDA EC indicated they would prefer all research come through the
appropriate research channels.

CEDA Nationals provides a great opportunity in terms of access to
programs, debaters, and coaches from all areas of the country.  Such
research could easily be turned into scholarly articles, conference
papers and/or panels, etc.  Depending on your institution it could also
serve as a way for you to get them to pay for your travel to and from
the tournament if you are no longer "affiliated" with a program.

If I can be of any assistance let me know.

chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate--KCKCC
CEDA 2nd VP