[eDebate] new HS policy team

Donald Bryson anabaptist
Wed Jan 17 12:05:51 CST 2007

Dear Community,
East Chapel Hill High School (NC) has now added policy debate to its list of forensics events for the 2007-2008 year.  I will be the policy debate coach while Jonathan Peele will still maintain his position as the DOF.

I'm very happy about this turn of events as it means I can continue being active in the policy debate community and I'm attempting to revive policy debate in eastern North Carolina.

As any new program needs help I would like to ask if any high school camps might possibly consider giving discounts to my debaters this coming summer.  Policy debate needs more people and I think that new programs help that.  However, lower camp prices for the first year, I think, would help train (and hook) debaters and also knock away skepticism of parents and administration who think that policy debate is too expensive.  If you could help out please backchannel me.

Thanks for all of your help and support.

Sincerely,
Donald Bryson
Policy Coach
East Chapel Hill High