[eDebate] west ga tournament update 3

Joe Koehle joe_koehle
Wed Jan 17 15:54:11 CST 2007

  West Georgia Update # 3

  **Please make sure all your entry information is accurate by 5pm eastern time today. After that time please email Sarah directly at sarp23 at hotmail.com to make any changes.
  We?ll activate judges prefs as quickly as possible.

  Directions to Carrollton ?

  *From the Atlanta airport ? Leaving the airport take 85 North, Follow to I -20 West and follow directions from Atlanta

  *From Atlanta - Travel I-20 West to Villa Rica/UWG Exit 24 (Old exit 5), turn left (west) onto Hwy 61. Travel approximately 12 miles to Carrollton South 166 By-Pass, turn left onto By-Pass 166 just past Ryans steak house and Richard Haney Ford. After the 3rd or 4th traffic light you?ll come to the exit for Hwy 27 ? most of your hotels will be on this road. Exit left onto 27 for Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Exit right for Country Hearth Inn. For other hotels please contact the hotel or email Sarah for help.

  *From Birmingham - Travel I-20 East to Bremen/UWG Exit 11 (Old exit 3), turn right (South) and follow Hwy. 27 South into Carrollton. Most of your hotels will be on Hwy 27 after you pass Maple Street.

  We will have maps and directions for travel to the school at registration.

  Registration & Reception?

  We?ll be holding registration and a judges/coaches reception Friday night from 6pm ? 9pm at the ?debate house?. This will be more comfortable than on campus and is just as easy to get to from all the hotels. If you?ll be arriving late please contact Sarah at sarp23 at hotmail.com.

  DIRECTIONS ? From Hwy 27 take the 166 By-Pass South (towards the school). At the 3rd light the 166  ByPass will end at a CVS. Take a left and then almost immediately enter the left turn lane to turn onto Bonner Rd. Follow Bonner around to the 4th left which will be Plymouth Lane. The debate house is the first house on the right at 25   Plymouth Lane. We?ll have the house lit up and some balloons on the mailbox or something so you?ll know you?re in the right place.

  Parking on Campus
  This will be really easy on Saturday and Sunday because all debates will be in the Humanities quad buildings and the faculty lot directly in front will be open for our use. Monday should be smooth also but we will need to know at registration how many vehicles you?ll need to have on campus Monday so we can give you parking passes and information. All elims will be held in our student center buildings which have been popular in the past because there?s starbucks and chick- fil-a right there, but has tight parking. The university is arranging for us to have some combination of temporary faculty permits and reserved parking. To help with this we will also be offering evidence transport and storage for all clearing teams to cut down on any difficulties Monday morning,

  Hospitality
  Will be awesome as usual. We?re providing a hearty breakfast and lunch on Saturday, a light breakfast, full lunch and pizza dinner on Sunday with coffee, beverages and snacks all day. Our regular tournament party will be Sunday evening at the debate house with shuttle service to all the area hotels followed by a survivor?s party Monday night.

TV dinner still cooling?