[eDebate] Important Navy Announcements, round 2

Danielle Verney daisy_verney
Mon Jan 22 13:23:17 CST 2007

Navy Announcements:

1.	Please have all of your entries, including judging, finalized by 8 pm
Tuesday (that?s tomorrow).  We would like to activate prefs for the Varsity
division immediately following that deadline.

2.	We may still have a limited amount of judging for hire.  If you are
having difficulty finding judges to fill your commitment, please let us know
and we?ll do what we can to help you.  We will be contacting those of you
who are short on judging at some point this afternoon.

3.	Our parking situation has CHANGED.  Due to a variety of issues, we will
no longer be able to get parking on the Academy.  We have hired buses that
will shuttle folks from the Stadium to the Academy (about a 2 minute drive).
  These buses will be able to accommodate your evidence as well.  WE
STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO HAVE ALL OF YOUR DEBATERS AND COACHES BOARD THE
BUS AT THE STADIUM.  While it may theoretically be possible to drop your
debaters and their evidence off and have them walk in through Gate 3, in
practice the gate guards will be highly suspicious and may want to
investigate exactly what you?re carrying in those Rubbermaid tubs, which
will hold you up and irritate the guards to no end.  The shuttles will be
running from 1-4 pm and 8-10:30 pm on Friday, from 6:30-9 am and 9pm-11pm on
Saturday, and all day Sunday.  Additionally, we will have shuttle vans which
can take you to the stadium lot during uncovered periods on Friday and
Saturday.  Maps and directions will be provided at registration.

4.	EVERY PERSON COMING ONTO THE ACADEMY WILL NEED TO HAVE WITH THEM A
GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID.  Acceptable forms of identification include:
drivers licenses or other state-issued ID cards, military IDs, and
passports.

5.	To accommodate our new parking situation, we will be releasing pairings
at the hotel on Saturday and Sunday morning at 7 am.  They will also be
released at 7 am at the Academy.

6.	A reminder that ALL REGISTRATION WILL BE AT THE HOTEL, from 8:30-10 pm on
Thursday and from 12-2 pm on Friday.  If you cannot make that, please call
me at 202-374-7337 to confirm your entry with us and we will have someone
direct you to the stadium parking lot.

Thank you and we are looking forward to hosting you this weekend!

Danielle Verney O'Gorman
Director of Debate
United States Naval Academy