[eDebate] 2007 CEDA Nats

Steinberg, David L dave
Wed Jan 24 20:25:54 CST 2007

Friends and Colleagues,

I have posted the invitation to the 2007 CEDA Nationals hosted by The University of Oklahoma, Norman on March 21-2 to the Debate Results website (http://commweb.fullerton.edu/jbruschke/web/home.aspx <https://exchange.miami.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://commweb.fullerton.edu/jbruschke/web/home.aspx> )  for your convenience in making travel and lodging arrangements.  The support materials (forms and credit card link) will be available at the CEDA website soon.  I am grateful to all those who have contributed to the planning work to this point, and we can all look forward to a fantastic CEDA Nats!  Let me know how I can help you as you enter the tournament and make your arrangements to attend.

The hotel information is as follows:

The Primary Tournament Hotel is Sooner Legends Hotel and Suites.  All off campus tournament events will be held at this hotel.  They have offered a flat rate of $69 for Standard double (2 queen bed) or King rooms, or $119 for Queen or King suites (does not include 11.5 % tax.)  To place reservations, call 405-701-8100 and be sure to tell them you are with the CEDA National Debate Tournament.  Valerie Kennon is the Manager and our host.  You may visit their website at http://www.soonerlegends.com/ <https://exchange.miami.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.soonerlegends.com/>  but be sure to call them for your reservations.  The deadline for reservations at Sooner Legends is 2/28.

Additional rooms have been secured at the soon-to-be-opened Country Inns and Suites by Carlson, Norman.  They offer a flat rate of $78 plus tax.  As they are not yet open, you cannot call their 800-number or use their website for reservations.  You may visit their website for hotel information at www.countryinns.com/normanok <https://exchange.miami.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.countryinns.com/normanok>   Their cutoff date for reservations us 2/26.  To make reservations either call Jeanne Minton (Hotel Manager) at 405-605-9879, or mail the following information to her and be sure to tell her you are with the CEDA National Debate Tournament:

Information required:

First and Last Name(s) of guest(s)

Mailing address

Telephone number

E-mail address

Valid credit card with expiration date

What type of room requested (1 King or 2 Queens)

Total number of people in room