[eDebate] Vermont tournament - Thursday

Alfred Snider alfred.snider
Thu Jan 25 14:43:46 CST 2007

People will be hitting the road tomorrow, so here comes some news and
advice...

FOOD:
We will serve pizza at the awards assembly on Sunday.
On Saturday we will serve a meal which we have prepared, including:
Chicken enchiladas
Vegan vegetable fajitas
Tacos
Beans
Rice
Corn bread
Vegan chili
LJ's famous pasta salad
Koogel for desert
A specially decorated cake
Plus mystery dishes I cannot describe.
On Saturday and Sunday morning we will have bagels and a variety of
pastries along with coffee and tea.

COACHES RECEPTION:
When you arrive on Friday, feel free to drop by Tuna's place for a
friendly visit and some refreshment. We will kick off fairly early in
the evening and will be waiting for people who arrive late. In any case,
call 802-238-8345 to let us know when you arrive and if you are coming
to the reception. It will take place at 18 Clark Street #3 (third floor
in the back) and will be hosted by David Register and John Hines. As you
stand on the top of Church Street (the pedestrian only zone in downtown)
facing the church, Clark Street will be on your right and you can see my
building from there. Clark Street is only one block long so once you
find it you are set. Parking may be a challenge but there is some in the
area. I will try and pull my blue VW beetle far forward in the driveway
to create at least some space. Please call just before you arrive so we
can throw another snack in the oven.

DIVISIONS:
At this point we will have to collapse varsity and jv, I would prefer
not to, but there is no way we can have six rounds for three Army teams
if we do not. So, it will be quarters in each division. We will have a
separate breakout final for jv teams. Remember, Vermont teams cannot
clear, so making the elims should be easier because of that. We may
still add one or two new teams from Vermont (novices) depending on how
they feel about their next training session (tonight).

JUDGING:
We will hand out preference forms on Saturday morning, they will be due
by the start of round two, and we will use them in rounds 3-6. Check for
them at the ballot table.

WEATHER:
Things are looking better even if they do not look warmer...
FRIDAY: 30% chance of snow showers, high +6, low -4
SATURDAY: 40% chance of snow showers, high +18, low +4
SUNDAY: 30% chance of snow showers, high +21, low +4.

ARRIVAL:
Drop off evidence in front of Royall Tyler Theatre, and then move it
into Lafayette Hall. Try parking in the lot behind Huber House (debate
offices) at 475 Main Street. Taking Main Street towards town after
dropping off, take a left at Prospect and an immediate left into the
parking lot. It is a two minute walk from there. You can find
information about how to get to UVM at
http://www.uvm.edu/about_uvm/maps_directions/
<http://www.uvm.edu/about_uvm/maps_directions/>
and a map for Royall Tyler can be found at
http://www.uvm.edu/about_uvm/maps_directions/?Page=MAP&Building=royall+tyler+theatre
<http://www.uvm.edu/about_uvm/maps_directions/?Page=MAP&Building=royall+tyler+theatre>

REGISTRATION:
We will collect fees after round one starts. We trust you. Once you hit
the road with your posse headed to Vermont please call 802-238-8345 and
indicate any changes. We would appreciate that.

We look forward to hosting you all in Burlington.

Tuna

--
Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics