[eDebate] 2007 Wyoming Debate Cooperative

matt stannard stannardmatt
Fri Jan 26 17:48:01 CST 2007

We are pleased to announce the 2007 Wyoming Debate Cooperative, taking place
here in Laramie August 1-14, at a cost of $275.  This is a slight increase
over last year's cost, and reflects an increase in room fees we weren't able
to talk the housing office from implementing.  Still, it's the best bargain
of any summer workshop in the nation, and you can ask any WDC alum about the
value of the experience.

Students and coaches will participate in lectures, discussions, intensive
research (our evidence set is consistently impressive), practice rounds, and
a tournament at the end of the cooperative.

We really need volunteer coaches at the WDC!  We are willing to work out
special cost-saving arrangements for anyone willing to coach during the
cooperative.

Stay tuned for further announcements, and please let me know if you have any
questions.  We are looking forward to seeing many of you this August.

Matt Stannard
Wyoming Speech and Debate Union
stannard at uwyo dot edu