[eDebate] Kernoff v. Osborne -- Fluffy Hair contest

William J Repko repkowil
Sat Jan 27 16:22:32 CST 2007

With apologies to Mark Presenti, the mano y mano fluffy hair contest is
formally a "go".

It's Bandana Martin v. Josh Kernoff -- Sunday, Feb 11th -- Northwestern
tourney.

This is mostly the result of immense shit-talk by Osborn -- who insists he
is utterly unbeatable when he uses a pick. Insiders say this is not entirely
crazy.

On the other hand, kudos to Kernoff -- who refused to cut his hair over the
Winter break just to win this contest.

...it's a true showdown.

The rules:

Each participant gets one-strike, to be declared in advance. A strikecard is
below. Judges use different criteria -- I recommend asking around for judge
philosophies before committing to a strike.

Whomever gets the majority vote of the remaining judges is declared
champion.

The winner receives a Chia Head Plant
(http://www.rkdm.com/chiapet/index.htm).

The loser receives only shame.

The strikecard is:

Greg Achten   -- Berkeley
Jonah Feldman -- Texas
Gabe Murillo  -- Wayne State
Varsha + hi-chair -- MSU
Will Repko -- MSU

 ---------------------------------------
To save time, I will enclose a brief philosophy:

For me (and only for me) this is a *fluffy* hair contest -- not a Bon Jovi
concert. Oodles of Hairspray may help make you look ridiculous (or -- in
Osborn's case -- more ridiculous), and that is certainly not prohibited.

But, in the end, some Metro-Detroit suburb/80's style/let's-go-see-if-the
guys-from-Warrant-will-let-us-backstage look is a loser (though not
necessarily for Jonah). Truly "poofy" is a better road.

I will not be offended if I am struck by either of you -- the stakes are
obviously enormous.

Best of luck,

 Will