[eDebate] Graduate Assistantships at Kansas State

Justin Green kstatedebate
Tue Jan 30 14:03:55 CST 2007

Kansas State University is happy to announce that we have TWO graduate
assistantship positions available starting next year.

OPTION 1 - Speech Communications/Debate GTA

What you receive: $10,000 stipend per year, Masters in Communications,
free tuition (minus $200 in fees per semester)
What is expected: teach 2 classes on Tuesday/Thursday, travel/work
with the debate team

More information can be found at:
 http://www.k-state.edu/sctd/sp_comm/grad/assistantships.html

OPTION 2 - Assistantship with the Institute for Civic Discourse and
Democracy/Debate Coach

What you receive: $ 14,000 stipend per year, MA in whichever school
you are admitted to - does not require Communications as your area of
study, free tuition (minus $200 in fees per semester)
What is expected: working with the institute for Civic Discourse and
Democracy using one or more of the following skill sets (website
maintenance, grant writing, event planning, statistical analysis of
data sets, and public advocacy planning)

In the second option, the applicant will be placed in a pool with
non-debaters; strong academic qualifications are very helpful.

http://www.k-state.edu/icdd/documents/PositionAnnouncement.pdf  More
information about the ICDD can be found at www.k-state.edu/icdd

The due date for both application is April 1st.  A packet of
information can be sent to any interested applicants.

Kansas State will travel a regional and national schedules, plan on
having debaters in all three divisions, host numerous public debates,
and offer the opportunity to travel to high school tournaments to
recruit. No one person is expected to do it all, but numerous
opportunities are available. We will have a big team, a big coaching
staff, and a strong recruiting class.

Manhattan is a great place to live.......I encourage anyone who is
interested to email with further questions.

Justin Green
Director of Debate
Kansas State University