[eDebate] Fellow Debater Injured

Suliman, M. x83875 B2 Mitchell.Suliman
Wed Jul 11 15:20:39 CDT 2007

All,

I regret to inform you that one of our fellow debaters (from Army Debate) has been severly injured.  Chris Hammett was in a near fatal car crash on 1 July.  He's been in a coma for the last ten days.  He wasn't expected to live through the first night, but since he has they're not really sure what to expect from here. The doctor removed part of his skull to relieve the pressure.  Otherwise, the rest of his body is unharmed.  His chances of recovery to consciousness are unknown.  Chris Hammett is currently in the ICU at University of Maryland R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, Baltimore, MD.  I'd encourage you (if you're in the Baltimore area) to stop in to the medical center.  I've attached a link to the website that
Chris' family created for friends and family to seek updates and leave messages. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/chrishammett

Please keep Chris in your thoughts and prayers.  Thank you.

Best,
Mitch Suliman