[eDebate] Being blunt

EMarlow at ucok.edu EMarlow
Wed Jul 18 12:15:48 CDT 2007

I want to extend an apology to Josh.  I probably did try to burn you in
effigy for a position that you don't necessarily represent.  If you
interpreted my statements as directed at your life experience, then you
misread what I wrote.  I said you had been privileged in debate and
academia.  Trust me, I know that both of us have evil skeletons in the
closet and I wasn't trying to bring them into this.  I think that I just
have so much frustration with the status quo that I took it out on you and
I am sorry dude.  We have known each other too long for me to act like
that.

What I was trying to say is that I do not have any objective evidence,
but, in my heart, I feel like we are going down the wrong road.  I know
that you disagree and I respect your opinions enough that I have thought
long and hard about what you have said.  I wish that I could point to one
thing and say "there is the problem", but I can't.  I know that you value
objective evidence and I wish I could give you more than what has already
been hashed out on edebate countless times, but I can't.

I am already fully committed to the Iron Chef movement.  Its funny that
Jackie and I had an almost identical conversation with the same
conclusions about political process change about 6 hours before Ede posted
his list (you been talking to Mapes, Ede?).  The bottom line for me is
change.  We have to do something to right the ship, and I am down to help
in the process.  I know that Jackie, Andy, Tuna, Ede, and I are not the
only ones who feel this way.  I was just hoping that my speaking out would
encourage some of the others to come out into the open.

I would gladly volunteer my time and effort to the creation and support of
new areas of controversy and topics that encourage more people to join the
activity that both Josh and I love so much.  Again Josh, I am sorry for
scapgoating you.

Off to mold budding public speakers....

Peace,
Marlow

**CONFIDENTIALITY** -This email (including any attachments) may
contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information.  Any