[eDebate] ans Ede

Michael Korcok mmk_savant
Fri Jul 20 12:31:47 CDT 2007

I think the 2 simultaneous topics, 1 non-policy & 1 policy, with each affirmative team deciding which one to defend in any given round gets your benefits without creating a topic-lite.

also... gives a non-gov option for those uncomfortable with servicing the state, assuming that some affs pick non-policy negs will be motivated to expand their argumentative repertoires, tournaments and divisions and programs won't be forced to choose which topic they want to participate in, and we will learn something:  is there interest in and demand for nonpolicy debate or not?  it preserves much of the advantage that elites have but it does still cut against it some.  most importantly for me, those debaters with little or no policy experience can choose, on the affirmative, a debate that many of their opponents haven't engaged in 300 times before...

MIchael Korcok
Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one place! Find it!
http://maps.live.com/?wip=69&FORM=MGAC01