[eDebate] Any "activists" out there? An action item for skilled debaters

Ross K. Smith smithr
Sat Jul 21 16:18:56 CDT 2007

The Huffington Post and newassignment.net are doing distributed citizen
journalism, a project called "Off the Bus." I have already written a
couple of blog posts for it, here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/off-the-bus/

One of the first major projects of their 2008 pres. coverage is right up
your alley: debate.

They are looking for people who can research in real time to fact-check
and argument-check claims made in Monday's CNN/YouTube Democratic pres.
primary debate and claims made by pundits and spinners. You can do this
from wherever you are if you have a cell phone, cable TV and internet
access.

Here is the link to the announcement and there are links to how you sign
up within it:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/zack-exley/whatchya-doing-on-debate-_b_57162.html

P.S. Let me know if you do get involved. I can help leverage that into
at least a tiny bit of good publicity for academic debate and your program.

--
Ross K. Smith
Director of Debate

336-251-2076 (cell)