[eDebate] petition against bush's commutation of libby

Trond E. Jacobsen Trond
Tue Jul 3 20:19:01 CDT 2007

Bob, I think your bigger problem is logic, not memory.  Turn off the
hate radio.

Libby, convicted of lying and obstructing a federal investigation.
Clinton, convicted of nothing.

Bush, commuting sentence of former high official while in office to
frustrate ongoing inquiries and to protect himself and the
Vice-President
Clinton, neither pardoned nor commuted sentence of any administration
official during office.

Fitzgerald, spent a few million and reached a conviction.
Starr and fellow chumps, spent $50 million and returned diddly-squat.
Jones also proved squat.

Libby, assailed by media and pundits as "stand-up" guy set up as scapegoat.
Clinton pursued by right-wing plutocrats funding smear campaigns.

Libby, pursued by GOP-appointed Republican federal prosecutor respected
as one of the handful of best federal prosecutors in the nation
Clinton pursued by hard-partisan GOP special prosecutor actively
involved in supporting GOP campaigns

Clinton's antagonist appointed by his own DOJ but operated independently.
Abu Gonzales' DOJ...need I say more?

And finally, I know it is trite and some may be offended, but...

sexual harassment - never proven mind you - is not outing a covert
agent as part of a campaign to lie the country into a catastrophic war.

lying about sexual harassment - never proven mind you - is not the same
as being convicted of lying about outing a CIA operative.  And I am not
even all postal about outing CIA agents.

These weeds need to be pulled, roots and all.

Trond E. Jacobsen