[eDebate] To be more Blunt!

Brent Saindon basaindon
Tue Jul 17 09:43:58 CDT 2007

Hey, I don't know why people decline, but if it is budget cuts, perhaps we have the answer: why not work on an NDT/CEDA virtual debate. I know Tuna has done this with British debating, why not look into the possibility. No hotels, you can eat at home (or the dorm), you don't have to pay tons of $ to travel with your tubs, saves on vehicle costs...what's the problem? We've already hit the point of no return with so many other technological interventions in debate (using the internet, IM's, etc.) All the presumptions of non-intervention by outsiders are just taken as trust. So, why not? After the start up cost, it would be very inexpensive to maintain lots of debate. Tournaments could schedule much more relaxed, perhaps over a longer period of time, and you could even have tournament debates between classes!

Just a thought...

Brent Saindon

Pacedebate at aol.com wrote:     Just to add to my previous post....every one of the anecdotal examples you  give below was about a program that isn't in NDT/CEDA anymore but I don't think  any of them left because of the resolutions....specifically,