[eDebate] I want to be on the topic committtee
Wed Jul 18 23:57:59 CDT 2007
Andy--Unless I'm missing something:
1. Nominations close at the close of the NCA CEDA business meeting;
2. Any CEDA member can nominate someone;
3. All candidates then go on the ballot, and it's one vote per school (same as topic);
4. There have been hotly contested elections in some recent years;
5. The main role of the nominating committee is to ensure that there is at least one (and hopefully two) candidates for each office. This can especially be a challenge with regard to regional reps.
That's not to suggest that there isn't also behind-the-scenes maneuvering, but you can overcome that with some of you own.
Of course, I'm pretty na?ve...
----- Original Message -----
From: Andy Ellis<mailto:andy.edebate at gmail.com>
To: EDEBATE<mailto:edebate at ndtceda.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 12:51 AM
Subject: [eDebate] I want to be on the topic committtee
now its not my official announcement per se, but it is my public intent to be considered for the next cycle of nominations, at the summer meeting i talked to several members of the ec about being nominated and the conversation went something like this
A: hey i would be interested in being on the topic committee
EC member: Cool well, that goes through the nominating committee
A: Ok i want to be nominated.
EC: Well its not that easy its "x person's" turn next then there is somebody in line after that
i dont think i am misrepresenting too badly...i think the conveyed intent of this process is a little anti democratic, i would like to discuss that part of the process. I dont think it is an unjustifiable approach and i dont think there is an ironclad prohibition against someone not in line running, but there at least seems a tendency, can we discuss it.
eDebate mailing list
eDebate at www.ndtceda.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mailman