[eDebate] instigations of martin.....

debate at ou.edu debate
Thu Jul 19 08:03:19 CDT 2007

Plzzzzzz

I love Tim Mahoney, and to take my post and attempt to create invisible "meanings" for the promotion of interpersonal conflict
between tim and I is rather childish and silly.  Is this the best input you have, how about some of thay grey fuzzy memory you
have of debate?  I think your attempt to fuel the flames between tim and I and demonize me is rather disrespectful and kinda
pisses me off.  To me it says you got some beef with me, if so, let it out.

You can read all of my posts, and not once did I ever ever say
1. St. Marks kids were not good debaters or will not be good debaters
2. Tim Mahoney couldnt succeed absent the status quo
3. Tim will ever have problems sleeping at night
4. Tim Mahoney doesnt love debate

Your post is an example of why we have to approach this issue with some respect.  We all obviously love debate, look what we
do.  Tim is one of the best organizers in debate.  A change that loses TIm or any other supporter of debate is self-defeating.
The topic committee is pursuing debate they way the like it and Tim is attempting to defend debate the way he prefers.  I think
there has been enough death of programs in the status quo.  Now a majority of the "voters" will have to agree for change to
occur.  I wont rehash the issues, your obviously more interested in creating more divisions between people.

massey