[eDebate] I want to be on the topic committtee

Joe Patrice joepatrice
Thu Jul 19 10:22:51 CDT 2007

I think I was probably the person in Andy's recollected chat and I think I
was conflating a lot of things together in that chat.

While the nominating committee doesn't do the topic committee per se, in my
mind, they kind of do everything because of the lack of candidates that
Gordon outlined.

I think the "turns" discussion was a reference to how Gordon had moved from
the topic committee to the CEDA 2VP slot and what was going on with that --
where the nominating committee is trying to drum up people and coordinate so
we have a years worth of people willing to vote lined up rather than a bunch
of people running simultaneously.

Joe