[eDebate] ans Warner

Josh jbhdb8
Fri Jul 20 21:05:43 CDT 2007

Perhaps me winning wasnt only a bad omen...but also the cause of the
decline...and possibly a sign of the impending apocalypse?

I am still not sure the Broda-Bahm/Korcok argument is a strong one...As I
mentioned, in response, the trending seems very sketchy - I really doubt
that people saw those topics and said "OH NO, POLICY IS COMING, TIME TO GO"
- You have to believe that topics like:

Resolved: That the increasing trend toward foreign investment in the US has
been detrimental

and

Resolved: Violence is a justified response to politcal oppression

Were seen by large numbers of coaches as a harbringer of impending policy
doom.  Impending enough to desert like rats on a sinking ship....like
clemens after a paycheck....like Sparty at half time of a big ten football
game (ok, sorry, that was uncalled for)....like Bud Selig when an
intelligent decision is called for....anyway,

Is it possible that maybe only a core of people can handle building the core
support necessary to maintain the resources, support, education, etc etc etc
for what we do?  Are topics part of that...sure...but major cause? Those
topics? ummmmm.

I will accept that it could have just been me winning nationals (almost as
probable),

Josh