[eDebate] ans Warner (2)

Fri Jul 20 22:49:40 CDT 2007

Sorry Mike, the Soul Train left Southeast Lousiana a long time ago. It has
traveled through the bgi cities and seen all the bright lights and naked women
shows. There is a big world out there. Unfortuantely, the status quo of
CEDA/NDT wants to keep the world small--much smaller than some ill-eduacated
hicks in the sSouth (Mr. Coach at McNeese State may be forgetting his academic
roots, by the way).

Your solution, two topics within the CEDA organization, does not seem to work. I
think programs need to make a clear choice. Example: CEDA Nats, final round, the
team wins the coin toss choses to go Aff., do they get to chose the Policy or
Non-Policy topic? I think our brothers in the NDT camp will bolt. It may be a
slicker way of creating a breach, but I don't think it is the most straight
forward. Sorry for being so blunt, but I don't care about Dallas Perkin's
feelings this week.

I am still at a loss to determine why particiaption in CEDA/NDT, with one
established year long policy resolution, is superior to either a resolution per
semester or schools offering a specific resolution within thier tournamnet
invitation.

Is our Relations with Iran really the ONLY important issue worthy of debate for
an entire year?

SCott