[eDebate] THE COMING DEBAC(A)L(YPS)E

Nathan Sweed nathan.sweed
Mon Jul 30 19:06:33 CDT 2007

Apparently I should have said "I'm not Bard Debate in the same way
that Andy Ellis is not Towson Debate or Tuna isn't Vermont Debate (or
World Debate or whatever)." That using a particular to describe a
whole is likely to be the beginning of an error. Like diagnosing
someone as "pretty sick" according to a single post. Or assuming that
a satirical representation of a person's comments is a satirical
representation of a person and that that gesture somehow indicates
some type of contempt instead of respect. Also on the list of the
satirized were Jackie, Andy, and Ede. They seem like good company.
Bryson not so much.

But now I've gone and broken character.

Fuck you Neil Berch. You are the paper to my rock.

--Ruth Zisman