[eDebate] THE COMING DEBAC(A)L(YPS)E

NEIL BERCH berchnorto
Mon Jul 30 19:11:16 CDT 2007

OK.  Whatever.  Following a satirized version of my comment with a satirized "every living creature dies alone" was a sign of respect, not contempt.  I'll admit I'm old and just don't quite get the humor of some of you young people.  Let's just leave it at that.--Neil
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nathan Sweed<mailto:nathan.sweed at gmail.com>
  To: NEIL BERCH<mailto:berchnorto at msn.com>
  Cc: edebate at www.ndtceda.com<mailto:edebate at www.ndtceda.com>
  Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 8:06 PM
  Subject: THE COMING DEBAC(A)L(YPS)E

  Apparently I should have said "I'm not Bard Debate in the same way
  that Andy Ellis is not Towson Debate or Tuna isn't Vermont Debate (or
  World Debate or whatever)." That using a particular to describe a
  whole is likely to be the beginning of an error. Like diagnosing
  someone as "pretty sick" according to a single post. Or assuming that
  a satirical representation of a person's comments is a satirical
  representation of a person and that that gesture somehow indicates
  some type of contempt instead of respect. Also on the list of the
  satirized were Jackie, Andy, and Ede. They seem like good company.
  Bryson not so much.

  But now I've gone and broken character.

  Fuck you Neil Berch. You are the paper to my rock.

  --Ruth Zisman