[eDebate] Here is a way to help new programs

Andy Ellis andy.edebate
Tue Jun 5 15:09:22 CDT 2007

Next year at Baltimore College Debate Tournaments we will again waive entry
fees for new programs, programs with a demonstrated commitment to UDL
debaters, and programs in financial hardship.

Last year we did this and covered the overrun costs out of pocket, however
next year that will not be possible and we will need to be able to have each
team covered in real funds.

To that end we are trying to raise 50 entry credits through community
contributions. The goal is to have them raised by July 1st so as we prepare
for the season we can reasonably budget for our tournament hosting costs.

Each entry fee credit is $15 and can be purchased at
https://www.theyoursstore.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=21&categoryId=8

This  is part of a project we are calling the social investment portfolio,
this collaborative project amongst a series of Baltimore non profit and
community groups that aims to provide small purchase price investments in
social projects where the money goes directly toward a specific goal that
serves the needs of a youth or community program.

It is not a tax deductible donation, but an active investment in new
programs and an emerging college debate culture in Baltimore city.

If you have any questions please contact me.

Andy Ellis
Executive Director
Baltimore College Debate