[eDebate] answers to "start your own organization"

debate at ou.edu debate
Wed Jun 13 15:26:08 CDT 2007

one word

Kiss my A###

Why dont you teach debaters how to "win topicaity is good" in a round rather than trying to wish us away.

Sorry swampy, dont need directions from you, check last years results.
Your gonna coach again so you can start directing people to leave the activity since they dont play by your "fake" rules?

Unfortunately, your statements are empty until debaters can win your blanket assertions in debate rounds.

Peace,

Massey

BTW -- You just dont get the education argument i can tell.......

Jackie, there is no reason to respond, since you choose not to read my argument.

However, quickly and tritely. If you don't like the resolutions, create a new
organization that writes topics you want to debate. But if you are going to
stay within this organization, debate the resolution that is chosen.

Let me give two quick examples of things to do other than refusing to debate the
resolution:

The Cross Examination Debate Association was created, in part, because people
hated the way NDT was being run and thought there were better ways to write
resolutions. I see no reason why a new debate organization cannot be
created--there are dozens of them already. May I suggest the CPDA "Critical
and Performative Debate Association."

Amend the CEDA constitution. Two proposals: First, go back to semester long
topics. Second, make topic papers authors provide three resolutions in their
papers and guarantee that those resolutions appear on the topic ballot.

Scott