[eDebate] Global Warming topic

Thu Jun 21 12:08:40 CDT 2007

Well, here is the problem as I see it:

If a a resolution says cut emissions, without a number, or switch to fossil
fuels--, or does not mandate that the plan reduce global warming in a
significant manner, teams can run cases that do not solve for  the core issue.
We need to have multiple debates over ways to solve global warming. There are
tech solutions like carbon sinks and global space based solar shields (really);
a switch to the Ethic, allowing Brazil to re-grow the Rain forest; and
obviously, emissions reductions. But I want the focus to be on solving global
warming. Which is really hard to craft.