[eDebate] answers for dave -- mine anyway

matt stannard stannardmatt
Thu Jun 14 11:52:33 CDT 2007

DCram writes:>>>2) I am troubled by what I see as your stance that it is impossible and/or undesirable to evaluate the descriptive or normative 'truth' of your claims about debate pedagogy. "I think," "I feel," and "I believe" claims are only persuasive to the extent of your credibility/ethos with your audience--they are not (and should not) be subject to either validation or contestation because they are 'true' for you. I do not think that this discussion can produce either some consensus or 'better' debate pedagogy unless the _hard_ work of evaluating causal and normative claims is done.>>>This summarizes my objection to Jackie's arguments better than anything I've said.stannard
Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile!
http://mobile.msn.com