[eDebate] thoughts on hicks and greene and switchside

gordonm+ at pitt.edu gordonm+
Thu Jun 14 19:44:34 CDT 2007

Here in Pittsburgh we hold the Greene and Hicks article on switch-sides
debate in high regard, but have also unearthed some primary documents that
frame the events of 1954 (and especially the debate community's role in
the McCarthy endgame) in a bit of a different light:

http://www.pitt.edu/~gordonm/JPubs/EnglishDAWG.pdf

On a related point, those interested in the process of collaborative DAWG
(Debate Authors Working Group) research might find some of our recently
published documents useful:

Schenley Park DAWG Guidelines for Co-authorship of Work Products 2.0
http://www.pitt.edu/~gordonm/DAWG/DAWGcoauthor2.0.pdf

DAWG Co-authorship Worksheet
http://www.pitt.edu/~gordonm/DAWG/DAWGworksheet.rtf

* * *