[eDebate] rulebreaking doesn't win a lot of debates and therewill be no mass exodus

Jim Hanson hansonjb
Tue Jun 19 22:14:00 CDT 2007

my apologies for posting that email; mixed that up.

and I agree that a full blown schism isn't really likely (scott's point that we already have mini-tournaments is pretty much true though).

and andy, I disagree with you on this issue but still like you.

jim :)
hansonjb at whitman.edu
----- Original Message -----
From: Andy Ellis
To: matt stannard
Cc: edebate at ndtceda.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [eDebate] rulebreaking doesn't win a lot of debates and therewill be no mass exodus

I dont really disagree with any thing stannard says in this post, though i think he is perhaps being slightly more elitist than i am comfortable with  in his assesment of how many of these deabtes occur, but the point is well taken.

I dont think there is any chance of schism and my most recent conversation with hanson, should in fairness be appreciated in the context of a backchannel that inadvertantly became public. I think that in that context i approached that conversation slightly differently than i would have had i thought it public....

Finally i do echo the cry "down with hansen" mmm bop was hands down the worst good song ever, even worse than that hey baybay song i hear all the time these days, but jim hanson, even though i disagree with him sometimes is someone im excited to know is in my community...