[eDebate] new topic paper on Global warming Reply to Andy

Thu Jun 21 12:20:42 CDT 2007

I agree with you Andy. That is my main concern. I mean, people can vote for
whatever topic they want. I still think genetic engineering is a better topic
than this Mid-East. I fell my only responsibility is to offer people a topic
area AND resolutions that are worth a damn. Obviously, global warming is
important topic. It is extremely difficult to craft a resolution that is
balanced and forces students to actually debate global warming reduction or
mitigation. If you don't have something that says the plan must mandate a
substantial reduction in global warming, then teams will run from the debate.

Maybe that is how to craft the resolution.

Example: Resolved the United States Federal Government should mandate a
substantial reduction in Global Warming enforced through legislation,
regulation or formal international agreement.