[eDebate] TOPIC ANARCHY....

Andy Ellis andy.edebate
Thu Jun 21 12:44:58 CDT 2007

Every debate  towson teams enter aside from the madison cup is on the CEDA
topic, if they defend a non topical aff its still in a round goverend by the
ceda topic and arguments have to be made about why to depart from that
particular topic. The topic does not go away because towson oklahoma or any
other school says it should, it still serves as the starting point. CEDA
does not suggest the role that topic should play in the round just that
going in it should be the shared assumption, so i guess we meet jims
standard for what he will play with, and Tim Mahony's show the doorism in
this casse would probably earn him at the very least a decertification of
his tournament and more than likely a lawsuit.