[eDebate] the egg or the resolution?

Wed Jun 27 09:13:45 CDT 2007

In some ways I agree with your criticism. The difficulty is crafting such a
resolution. For example, I am struggling with a resolution that would force the
affrimative to solve global warming--and I frankly don't care who the agent of
action is.

The problem is that your alternative to a bad resolution is to allow the
affirmative to debate any resolution, or to even negate the resolution. This
skews debates too much in favor of affirmatives. While I am sure all of your
teams would run cases under this system that only reflect their true personal
advocacy, many other teams would use such a paradigm for strategic advantage,
creating worse problems.

Scott