[eDebate] thanks to WVU

V I Keenan vikeenan
Tue Mar 6 10:43:13 CST 2007

Thanks to the whole West Virginia crew for continuing the great tradition of
Morgantown hospitality!

 The entire WVU program, alums and extended family are a testament to the
work of Dr. Berch who has done so much for the ideas of community, advocacy,
responsibility, and inclusiveness in debate.  We missed him dearly this
weekend, but Mylinda and Josh were fantastic lieutenants as always, Mark and
Dan stepped up to the tabbing challenge(s) (not made easier by my squad - I
admit), and the West Virginia debaters went out of their way to provide
whatever was needed (including love and support) while running up mountains
with ballots, providing the bottomless pit of snacks, networking with alumni
(in uncomfy shoes), and keeping positive and welcoming attitudes throughout
it all.  A lot is said about a program by the dedication of its alums and
the sheer outpouring of support from Neil's former debaters to provide extra
judging and tournament help is indicative of how much Neil is valued by all
of those he has worked with and the kind of leadership he provides.

Special thanks to Chief and ML as extended members of the WVU family this
weekend for helping to run the tournament.

Congratulations to Wake and USMA on the wins, to Bing for a showing in both
finals, and to OU for being in semis of both divisions.

This is always a great way to end the year for so many of our new(er)
debaters.  Can't wait to see you all next year . .

-VIK

--
Vik Keenan
Director - Baruch Debate, CUNY