[eDebate] Final Announcement/Last Call - ADOD at Kansas State

Justin Green kstatedebate
Wed Mar 7 15:42:57 CST 2007

Below follows a repost.  If you are interested and have not sent in
your materials, please let me know you plan to apply and get your
materials in ASAP.  Although I am not on the search committee, I have
been asked to let them know if additional applicants are interested.
I have been told: "screening of applicants will begin very shortly".

If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Justin Green

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Temporary Instructor

Assistant Debate Coach

Kansas State University is seeking applicants for two nine-month term
instructor/debate coach positions in the Speech Communication Division
for the 2007-2008 school year, with the possibility of renewal.

Duties will include teaching a variety of undergraduate service
courses, including business & professional speaking, small group, and
possibly interpersonal communication as well as serving as an
assistant coach for the debate team. Coach responsibilities will
entail traveling with the team, judging, leading research efforts,
recruiting and assisting in the administration of the program. The
successful candidate must be willing to work with all experience
levels (Novice, JV, Open) and non-traditional students.

Candidates must have their M.A. completed before the fall 2007
semester begins. Collegiate teaching and coaching experience is
preferred. Salary is competitive.

Candidates should submit a letter of application, vita/resume, two
letters of recommendation and a brief statement of teaching philosophy
to: Prof. LeAnn Brazeal, Chair, Debate Search Committee, SCTD, 129
Nichols Hall, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506. Screening
of applicants will begin February 15, 2007 and continue until the
positions are filled.

Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively
seeks diversity among its employees.

BEYOND THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
KSU Debate has very strong institutional support, returns at least 12
debaters and has a bright recruiting class. We don't have a single
style of debate we prefer, we just like to prepare.

Manhattan, KS is a great place to live: walkable, a vibrant night
life, good bike trails, plenty of affordable housing.

This announcement does not require an MA in Communications.

If you have additional questions about the positions, please do not
hesitate to contact me at kstatedebate at gmail.com or Josh Westmoreland
at westmoreland.josh at gmail.com.

Justin Green
Director of KSU Debate