[eDebate] Madison Cup Announcements

pete bsumek bsumekpk
Thu Mar 8 16:12:20 CST 2007

Hi all--

A few announcements for those participating, for those who might want to
watch the final round on the net and for the just plain curious.

This year?s final round will be streamed live Wednesday March 14 (5:00 PM
eastern) at: http://media.jmu.edu/

For those preparing last year's final round can be viewed at:
http://www.jmu.edu/orgs/debate/madisonCup/index.html

1. PRIZE MONEY!  This year we are again pleased to announce a purse of
$15,000.00. This is how we will distribute these awards.

1st place: $5000.00 donation to your debate program
2nd place: $3000.00 donation to your debate program
3rd place: $2000.00 donation to your debate program
4th-6th place: $1000.00 donation to your debate program
7th-10th place: $500.00 donation to your debate program

2.  Below is a list of the teams entered in the 2006 ?Madison Cup.?  Please
let me know ASAP if this list is incorrect.  We?ll confirm individual
participant names at registration.

Appalachian State
Brown #1
Brown #2
Cornell #1
Cornell #2
Cornell #3
Fordham University
George Mason University
James Madison University
Johns Hopkins University
Kansas City Kansas Community College
Liberty University
Mary Washington
Princeton
Richmond #1
Richmond #2
Towson #1
Towson #2
Virginia (Jefferson Society)
Virginia (Washington Society)
Wake Forest University
William and Mary
Yale

3.  Here is the final round jury.

Mayor Rodney Eagle, City of Harrisonburg
Richard T. Horan Jr. ('84) Hogan and Hartson,LLP
Dr. Eva McMahan, JMU, Director, School of Communication Studies
Rev. Derrick Parson, JMU, Campus Minister Wesley Foundation
Dr. George R. Pitts, Dickstein Shapiro, LLP

4.  A more detailed list of announcements regarding parking and such is on
the way and will be sent directly to the participating teams.

5.  Good luck to all the teams!

Pete Bsumek, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Co-Director,Center for Constructive Advocacy and Dialogue
MSC 2106
54 Bluestone Dr.
1276 Harrison Hall
School of Communication Studies