[eDebate] Glenbrook South HS seeks coaching/judging help in Chicagoland area

Tara Tate tara_l_tate
Fri Mar 9 09:46:10 CST 2007

Glenbrook South is starting the process of getting their coaching staff together for the 2007-2008 competitive season.  We are working on putting together a handful of different positions for next year.  If you will be in the Chicagoland area next year and are interested in working for GBS, continue reading.  :)

(1)  Full-time Instructional Assistant position -- this is the position that GBS is still fine-tuning the specifics on.  We are working on formulating a full-time position in the building that would assist with debate and other courses in the English department.    This is a full-time position and would be ideal for someone that just finished their undergrad and looking to take some time off before going to law school, grad school, pursuing their full-time career, etc.  Again, I want to reiterate that the details of the position are being worked out now.  However, I would like to be able to give my department chair a heads up of potential candidates as soon as this position is formalized.

(2)  Extra-curricular assistants - this position is ideal for individuals that are still in school or have a full-time job outside the debate world.  This position would require attending practice debates twice a month and doing a monthly research assignment.  The pay is a monthly stipend plus additional pay for each tournament that you attend.

(3)  Judging opportunities -- the GBS debate team will be 100+ plus students next year.  I am always in need of judging.  If you are in the area and just want to be available on an ad hoc basis to judge at some tournaments this year, drop me an email and I will add you to our judging list.

If you have questions or are interested, please email me at this address or at ttate at glenbrook.k12.il.us .  Please let me know which type of position you are interested in and your background in debate.

Tara Tate
Director of Debate, Glenbrook South HS
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx