[eDebate] 2007 NDCA Championships

Tara Tate tara_l_tate
Wed Mar 14 13:10:05 CDT 2007

The National Debate Coaches Association would formally like to invite members of the college community to attend the 2007 NDCA Championships on April 14-16 at Carrollton Sacred Heart in Miami, FL.  The NDCA is looking forward to a great event - Joe Carver and the coaching staff at CSH is providing us some great facilities and hospitality.  Miami in April...

One unique aspect of this tournament is that it falls very close to the deadline where seniors have to make final declarations for college.  This is a good last chance for recruitment from the 2007 class.  There will also be a lot of talented juniors in attendance for some early recruiting from the 2008 class.

If you are interested, the information is located on our website at www.thendca.org .   Please let me know if you are interested in judging some rounds at the tournament.

The hotel block does end this week...you can make reservations online at the Doubletree - Coconut Grove by following this website:
http://www.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/miasddt_csh/index.jhtml .  You very much want to get in on the hotel block -- hotels in Coconut Grove during April are not cheap!

Seriously, we are very proud of both of the size and the quality of teams that will be in attendance this year. Many college coaches have made a commitment to the promotion of high school debate by becoming members of the NDCA this year (it is only $25.00 and you can easily become a member through the ADA website).   The NDCA Championships is about providing a national championship-level tournament that promotes regional debate and is student-centered with a relaxed schedule.  All that were in attendance at our inaugural championships last year in Evanston, IL had a great time!

Please email me with questions at this email address or at ttate at glenbrook.k12.il.us.  We look forward to hosting a great tournament and hope this provides a setting of building bridges between the high school and college debate communities.

Best,
Tara Tate
President, National Debate Coaches Association
Director of Debate, Glenbrook South (IL)

Explore the seven wonders of the world