[eDebate] DC Urban Debate League Tournament in Need of Judges

Carlos Varela carlos
Wed Mar 21 18:04:31 CDT 2007

Hello edebate Community,

        With growth comes growing pains. We are about to host our largest
tournament of the year and are still short a few judges. If you know of
someone in the DC area, please forward this email to them regarding this
opportunity. We will be offering 3 rounds of policy debate. If you are only
available for part of the day, let me know and we can accommodate
accordingly.

> Our next tournament is to be held at Cesar Chavez Public Charter School for
> Public Policy, Parkside Campus on Saturday, March 24th, 2007, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM.
>
> The address of the School is:
>
> 3701 Hayes Street NE-Corner of Hayes St NE and Parkside
> Washington, DC 20019
> 202-398-2230
>
> Public Transportation:
> Bus: U6 drops you off directly across the street from the school on Hayes
> Street.
>
> Metro: Take the Orange line to the Minnesota Station. Take the Kenilworth exit
> from the station. Walk across bridge that takes you to school. Total walk from
> metro is around 3 minutes. This is the best way to travel.
>

> Driving Directions:
>
> There is an important logistical update that may affect some transportation
> issues. There is a National Marathon being held on Saturday, and it seems that
> Pennsylvania Ave will closed down. Please consider Benning Road instead, as
> 395 to 295 will not work.

        Please take a look at this website to verify if/how your
transportation may be hindered.

> http://www.nationalmarathon.com
>
>  Turn onto 295 North. Drive North on 295 until the Burroughs/Minnesota Ave
> exit on the right hand side. On the exit ramp, there will be an immediate left
> that is actually a u-turn to go the other way on 295. Do Not take that first
> left. Instead turn left at the traffic light, go under the bridge, avoid the
> first hard left, and go left onto Kenilworth Terrace. Continue on Kenilworth
> Terrace for less than a minute, and turn right onto Hayes Street. Cesar Chavez
> will be on the left hand side.
>
> This tournament will be hosting both middle and high school divisions.
>
> A subway sandwich and bottles of water will be provided free of charge by the
> DCUDL. The host school will be providing breakfast, snacks, and other
> beverages for an affordable price. Proceeds will be going to the home school
> debate team.
>
> Any questions or comments, please ask me.
>
> Carlos Varela
> Program Director,
> DC Urban Debate League
       (202)-341-5083