[eDebate] CEDA Nationals - Rooms Pillaged

Chris Crowe velcrowe
Tue Mar 27 11:03:29 CDT 2007

It's kind of an aside, but I've never been surprised at debaters' lack of
respect of school and hotel property.  I don't know if it's a "better than
thou" academic attitude or what, but I was a housekeeper for 3 years in high
school, and debaters were always, by far, the worst.  Football teams,
volleyball teams, pool players, chess competitions, you name it: they were
all cleaner and more respectful of property and the people taking care of it
than debaters.

Ede's right...nothing will be done about it until the culture is FORCED to
change because their behavior represents an immediate, direct threat to the
activity.

--
Christopher Crowe
University of Wyoming