[eDebate] CEDA Nationals

Steinberg, David L dave
Wed Mar 28 21:34:38 CDT 2007

As I recover from CEDA Nationals, I have looked forward to thanking those responsible for an outstanding event.  Since we began the process a year ago, Jackie Massey and his phenomenal support folks have worked tirelessly and selflessly to provide us with a memorable experience.  They truly rolled out the red carpet and welcomed CEDA with unequaled hospitality, generosity and support.  OU was genuinely pleased to welcome us, and excited about the positive feedback and gratitude they received from so many members of our community.  Their motivation was to give us the best CEDA Nationals ever.  OU did a great job of hosting us.  They generously provided wonderful facilities, breakfast, goodies, and water, T Shirts, timers, and other gifts, and so much more.  So I hope you will join me in thanking The University of Oklahoma for being a fantastic host.  Send your letters of appreciation to Jackie, or to President Boren's office.

In return for a phenomenal job as host, as a community, we did a poor job of respecting the OU facilities.  In addition to leaving rooms generally messy, you probably know already that hanging digital projectors were taken from Carson 123 and Adams 100.  I have just learned that two more projectors have turned up missing, those from Felgar 319 and 334.  If you have any information about these missing projectors, please contact me or Jackie (debate at ou.edu)  These are valuable pieces of equipment, and respresent a  significant loss.

On Sunday, OU was considering submitting a bid to host again.  Why any institution would take on such a thankless job, I do not know.  After this considerable loss, we will be lucky to ever find any host.  Thank you for your help.

David L. Steinberg,
CEDA President
Director of Debate, University of Miami
PO Box 248127