[eDebate] NDT scouting info -- please read

Jean-Paul Lacy lacyjp
Thu Mar 8 00:00:44 CST 2007

What do we want & when do we need it?

         [Well, we need all the information you're willing to share as soon
as you can get it to us. Anything to make scouting the tournament easier
will be appreciated by many.]

As far as self-disclosure goes:

**Deadline: Saturday, March 17th.

I know, it sounds early. But, the 17th is really only four days before CEDA
Nats. There is barely any time between the end of CEDA & the start of the
NDT. The idea is to get as much pre-tournament disclosure as soon as
possible, before everyone scrambles to get ready for CEDA Nats & the NDT.

**Expectations:

Affirmative Disclosure--

The most recent plan text(s) you've read.
Complete 1ac outline(s) with full cites [Author, Source, Date, URL, page
#s, First & Last phrases.]
2ac add-ons
2ac answers to common negative positions (including off case args & major
case arguments)

If your 1ac is not 'traditional', describe your affirmative in as much
detail as necessary to provide the opposition the equivalent of the above.
[Plus full cites for anything that can be cited -- like music or movie clips.]

Negative Disclosure--

Basic rule: Disclose the quantity & quality of information you'd want from
a team when you are affirmative.
Include at minimum the generic strategies you've deployed thus far, with a
complete outline & full citations as described above.

I don't think anyone expects you to disclose new arguments before you read
them. Keeping 'caselist-able' electronic versions of new arguments is a
great way to help the scouts keep up.

Blank pages are gradually filling with information at
http://opencaselist.wikispaces.com

So, send your info (or better, join the wiki & post it) to the person
responsible for your district (see below) as soon as possible!

Thanks!
--JP Lacy
lacyjp at wfu.edu