[eDebate] Changes at Pepperdine...

andy ellis andy.edebate
Thu May 10 21:58:06 CDT 2007

Maybe when the royals move to vegas their luck will improve
Ps...for all i know the royals are already in vegas...please dont take anything written here as having any backing
-----Original Message-----
From: "Darren Elliott" <delliott at kckcc.edu>
To: "Sue Peterson" <bk2nocal at gmail.com>; "Edebate" <edebate at ndtceda.com>
Sent: 4/24/2007 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: [eDebate] Changes at Pepperdine...

Congrats to Sue and Chico.  It must feel great to be going home.  Also,
Pepperdine is being left in great hands and the Waves will keep on
rolling.  Congrats Sarah.  Finally, OU is gaining quite an amazing
coach, scholar, and person in Kylie.  If only the Kansas City Royals
could be as successful in 3 way trades where everyone ends up in great
condition! : )

chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate and Forensics--KCKCC
CEDA 2nd VP

>>> "Sue Peterson" <bk2nocal at gmail.com> 4/24/2007 11:47 AM >>>

Big changes are afoot at Pepperdine for the coming year!

First of all, a big congratulations to Sarah Stone Watt, who has been
hired
in a newly established tenure-track Director of Forensics position at
Pepperdine.  Sarah is busily finishing up her PhD at Penn State and
will
return to sunny Southern California for the fall semester of this
year.
Please help me in congratulating and welcoming her.  I think this
position
is a great testament to the commitment that Pepperdine is making to
Forensics.

Second, I will be moving from Pepperdine to Chico.  I will always
consider
myself a Wave, but am excited to be returning to my Alma Mater in
Chico.  I
am also excited at the return of Chico debate after their year's
hiatus.
Pepperdine has been wonderful to me and this was a difficult decision,
but
Chico is kind of like going home for me, so it seemed a great
opportunity
that I couldn't pass up.

Finally, Kylie Robertson, who has served as a wonderful co-director at
Pepperdine with me for the past three years, is moving onward and
upward.
She will be pursuing her PhD at the University of Oklahoma starting in
the
fall semester.  Congratulations to Kylie!  She will be a stellar
professor
wherever she ends up.  I'm only sorry we couldn't keep her closer to
the So
Cal area.

This means a few things - I will be handling the pre-tournament
planning for
the Pepperdine College tournament during the summer months, but Sarah
will
be the contact person once September rolls around.  In addition,
Pepperdine
is looking for people who may be interested in filling mine and Kylie's

positions.  I can tell you that Pepperdine is a wonderful place to
work.  We
have an amazingly supportive chair in the division and many faculty
members
and administrators who are looking to help the program grow and
succeed.  We
have a great base of returning policy and parliamentary debaters and a
very
impressive recruiting class that includes policy debaters and
individual
events competitors.  So, if you are looking for a position in the
Southern
California area, I encourage you to contact me or Sarah
(ses1001 at psu.edu)
for more information about the positions.  The administration would
like to
fill these positions ASAP, so please don't delay if you're interested!

I wish everyone a wonderful summer and look forward to seeing you all
in the
Fall semester!

--Sue Peterson
Pepperdine Waves Speech and Debate

--
dangerous content by KCKCC's MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.