[eDebate] CIDD Tours, 2007-2008

Janas, Michael J. mjjanas
Tue May 15 09:32:24 CDT 2007

Committee on International Discussion and Debate

Opportunities for 2007-2008.

The CIDD will be supporting several tours this year. Please look at your
budget and calendar to see if you or your students can participate.

In September, the British National Team will tour the United States. If
you are interested in hosting the British, please contact Sam Nelson at
Cornell University (smn33 at cornell.edu).  He can give you a sense of
timing and associated costs.

In early spring, the Japanese National Team will tour the United States.
If you are interested in hosting the Japanese, please contact Mike Janas
at Samford University (mjjanas at samford.edu). He can give you a sense of
timing and associated costs.

This winter we will be sending a team to tour Britain as we have done
nearly every year since 1928.  We will choose the team in November. Team
members must be less than 25 years old and free during a period running
from January until February. It is wonderful chance to experience
international debate at its best. If you know someone who is interested
and available, we will be hosting try-outs in November.  Please have
them contact Mike Janas (mjjanas at samford.edu) for more information about
the tour.