[eDebate] Please vote for Dr. Diana Carlin for NCA President

Morris, Eric R EricMorris
Sun May 20 10:20:45 CDT 2007

I'm writing to the college debate community to request you consider voting for Dr. Diana Carlin for NCA 2nd Vice President. If she is selected, forensics (of all stripes) will have a sympatetic ear at the highest levels of NCA. Rarely do you have a chance for the NCA President to have not only a strong interest in debate, but have published a debate textbook.

I know Dr. Carlin well - she was my dissertation advisor. She is a well established scholar (particularly in the area of presidential debates), an excellent administrator (during most of my time at KU, she held two Dean positions yet managed to maintain a solid research record and make lots of time to work with advisees), and a very nice person. I think she would be excellent in this role.

Although voting is open until June 15, it's easy to forget. Why not vote as soon as possible? If you are an NCA member, you can do so in about 90 seconds by visiting their webcite at www DOT natcom DOT org.

p.s. I have no negative impression whatever of Dr. Carlin's opponent, Dawn Braithwaite of UNL. My recommendation is based solely on my positive impression of Dr. Carlin. Like CEDA, the NCA 2nd VP eventually moves up to President.

Dr. Eric Morris
Asst Prof of Communication & Director of Forensics
Craig Hall 366A, Dept of Communication
Missouri State University
Springfield, MO 65897
(O) 417-836-7636