[eDebate] hs debate coach needs help Fw: Mrs. Starke/Mrs. Maguire...how we can help

Jim Hanson hansonjb
Mon May 21 18:56:16 CDT 2007

I don't know the full details but apparently a debate coach is being forced
out for taking her students to disneyland without school permission after a
debate tournament.

consider writing a positive email to the emails listed below.

jim :)
hansonjb at whitman.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Katie Solomon [mailto:katie_friedman at yahoo.com] Sent: Sunday, May
20, 2007 12:26 AM

Hi there friends,

I talked to Mrs. Maguire (Starke) today and she was so
touched to hear about all the emails/petitions going
around in her support.  She said that the kind support
and loyalty of her students and public speaking
parents was really all that was getting her through
this terrible time.  (If any of you have not heard the
background on this, an overview is included below).

I asked what we could do to help and offer support.
She said that sending emails to the School Board
members (who presided over the hearing on Wednesday),
the Superintendent of the school district or the
Miramonte Principal would be helpful.  Sounds like
they respond more favorably to emails that are
positive in tone.

I know how busy everyone is so of course no obligation
at all, but if you would like to write a note on her
behalf, I've included some names/email addresses for
the right folks to direct something to below.  If you
hear of others who might want to send a note, would be
great if you could forward to them too.  If any of you
want to reach out to Mrs. Maguire directly...
wjm1426 at sbcglobal.net

Miramonte Principal:
razomara at acalanes.k12.ca.us

Superintendent Jim Negri:
superintendent at acalanes.k12.ca.us

Board Members:
President of the Board: Richard Whitmore
rwhitmore at acalanes.k12.ca.us

Judy Carney
jcarney at acalanes.k12.ca.us

Vanessa Crews