[eDebate] A Proposed Mid-East topic resolution

Wed May 23 10:56:44 CDT 2007

RESOLVED: THE USFG SHOULD IMPLEMENT ONE OR MORE OF THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE
IRAQ STUDY GROUP.

This is from an excerpt on the ceda topic blog pissing match between me and
Kelly on why bilateral and trilateral resolutions suck, assuming anybody will
accept brent Scowcroft recommendations from the year 2000 as viable solvency
evidence. The are other reasons to reject, but you can read the blog.

What I did want to put forward is the following:

"To meet your Jack Bauer deadline: here is an resolution from totally left
field:

RESOLVED: THE USFG SHOULD IMPLEMENT ONE OR MORE OF THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE
IRAQ STUDY GROUP.

It is sweet, straight forward, downright purty, and provides everyone with clear
ground for debate. "

Looking closer, this would get Kelly et al where they want to be (i.e solving
for the Golan Heights, daling with Israel, etc.), providing the affirmative
with flexibility and providing everyone with a very clean starting point for
debates. I know many consider me to be an asshole on these issues, but your
personal distaste toward me and my views should not dissuade you from closely
examining a viable resolutional option that cuts the Gordian knot (no pun
intended Gordon). I think this really is a good, if not great way to make a
straight forward resolutionals tatement, that has huge affirmative depth, while
maintaining clear ground.

For community consideration.