[eDebate] who's number 8, who's number 7? where are the bios

Andy Ellis andy.edebate
Tue May 8 22:02:03 CDT 2007

Yeah, you are probably right though, my example was not as applicable as it
might have been on a knee jerk.

However i will make this argument aside from the analogy, you do bear some
responsibility, you provided the forum, you may say without you others would
have taken it on, but the truth is you took it on.

Now, im not engaging you in an ought debate that debate is played out and
you made your decision, but the wink and a nod i dont have responsibility
claims are at best a bit concocted.

I will for the sake of argument engage some of the specific claims here....
On 5/8/07, Burk, Christopher R <crb012000 at utdallas.edu> wrote:

> There you go again, Ellis. Defending terrorists...
>
> Just kidding.
>

> But seriously, you got no link. There are some big differences between my
> role of the DCA process and the activity of Craig Rosenbraugh. I realize
> that your flow is ain't the best so I'll go through the link arguments very
> slowly for you.
>
> First, there's no direct action or physical violence with the posting of
> DCA info or DCA biographies to eDebate. I'm not advocating violence or
> relaying messages for those who do. Give me a break.

Yes, this is actually a finer distinction than you seem to be wanting to
make, there is indeed no "Physical violence" but others have certainly
articulated that there are forms of violence, that you have provided a forum
for.

Second, the writers of the DCA bio's are not anonymous. It's clear to
> everyone who the writers are when they post. Credit or blame is easily
> assigned to the source. I'm not hiding anyone's identity. It's actually
> quite the opposite ? I tell the bio's writers to post directly to eDebate
> since I will not post for them. You might even label that a "link turn."

Correct on this one.

Third, the better parallel might be the operator of eDebate since almost
> anyone can post here and can post under a fake name if desired. C'mon, a
> freaking gerbil posted last year!

Yes, but these days edebate is not the same forum the dcas are, phils free
speech stance is perhaps more like a town repealing  obscenity ordinances
and you are  like uncle luc hosting the pay per view party in that town.

And, finally, this clearly ain't about social justice. The DCA bio's might
> recognize debaters. They might poke fun at debaters. They might applaud
> achievements. They might be offensive and disgraceful. But are the goals of
> posters of DCA bio's even vaguely similar to Rosebraugh's goal of promoting
> social justice? No, that's not what the DCA's are all about. I hope that I
> have cleared that up for ya.

yup got this part...again, ill be clear, im kicking out of the craig
analogy, but still refuting your responsibility claim...now i like unlce
luke as much as the next guy...again this is not about that, its about
whether you will take credit AND responsibility for providing the forum.