[eDebate] DCA Debater #11: AARON LYTTLE

Josh jbhdb8
Wed May 9 13:56:53 CDT 2007

Hello,

Ahhhh Parody....sweet Parody.

I am gathering the recent slew of posts all make the following point:

The DCA would be boring absent the kafka-esque morphing of Adam Sandler and
Joe Francis necessary for the writing of a funny bio.

Apologies....I was unaware that comedy was on such fragile footing.

Two points:

1. If indeed Sarah and Nat were on board for what was said about them in KU
bio - that would be an example of a woman being subject not just object....I
still supect the incest part was un-solicited by its objects.

2.  Still doesnt mean we ought act this way in a public forum - a) current,
former, and soon to be women debaters and coaches have complained for years
about how they are treated in debate....some sensitivity to this is
warranted by those who reap the benefits of the SQ b) You are role models
for how to act when one becomes successful in debate - maybe, acting like it
wouldnt be an awful thing. c) Insider games are dangerous - see other
posts.  d) Other people google the list and it could hurt people - see other
posts.

I know the three stooges are beloved....but really? The best defenses so far
are "Boys will be Boys" "Its necessary for humor" and "If you dont like it
get a sense of Humor"

Come on folks,

Josh