[eDebate] Falwell

jpzompe at ilstu.edu jpzompe
Tue May 15 21:06:39 CDT 2007

Abhoring Falwell's politics, but respecting what he did for debate, is not
"downright dangerous."

It is a political reality -- a reality that apparently you have no
grasp of. The point of the matter is that we live in a world where
people don't always
agree.  We have differences.  I don't appreciate some of the comments or
policies that emerged as a result of Falwell, but that doesn't mean I can't
appreciate some of the good things he did.

Your politics is the one that is dangerous, Andy.  If we all believed as you,
dogmatism would rampant throughout every town and city in America.  No one
would ever get along.  Violence would be commonplace in your world, where it
was okay for people to dismiss literally everything other people do or believe
simply because there is a disagreement.

There is nothing wrong with feeling passionate about what you believe,
Andy. But therein is where you have more in common with Falwell than
you'd probably
like to admit.

zomp

--