[eDebate] Fwd: Falwell passes (quick post-script)

Alyse Kraus alyse.kraus
Wed May 16 07:01:05 CDT 2007

And I'm actually going to forward this to the list because I think it's
importantly to publicly answer your biggest arg which is "It shouldn't
matter what I say".  Yesterday I saw the absolute worst side of the debate
community on public display.  That is the thing that makes me most sad.

AK

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alyse Kraus <alyse.kraus at gmail.com>
Date: May 16, 2007 7:57 AM
Subject: Re: [eDebate] Falwell passes (quick post-script)
To: Andy Ellis <andy.edebate at gmail.com>

I would like to think that if someone I disagreed with politically, but that
I knew had done a number of good things for others, passed away that I would
at least show the class, decency, and tact to keep my mouth shut and not
exult in their death.  Especially not a few hours after their passing and
especially not on a listserv that is read by many students of the school
they founded.

I like that you are still incapable of offering a true apology.  Rather than
saying "I am sorry for having said things that are hurtful to others" you
say "Why do you care what I think anyhow?" and try to shift the blame back
to those you offended.

You simply don't get it Andy.  Even if it's from someone who I generally
think seeks opportunities to create division and conflict within our
community whenever possible, it's still depressing to me to see that a few
hours after his death was announced someone in the debate community had the
gall to jump on a public listserv and celebrate the death of another human
being.

Regards,

Alyse Kraus
Catholic University