[eDebate] Fwd: Falwell passes (quick post-script)

Alyse Kraus alyse.kraus
Wed May 16 08:29:58 CDT 2007

Well, I didn't figure you'd mind the forwarding of a backchannel.  You seem
to have been rather willing to make your comments, however hurtful, in a
pretty public fashion.

I would like to answer a couple of arguments that other people have made as
well.

I don't believe I can ever recall Dr. Falwell smiling at the death of
anyone.  Not doctors who performed abortions, not homosexuals, not people
who hated him and everything he stood for.  No I don't think he was happy
when people died of AIDS nor was he personally responsible for it.

It is truly shocking to me to see this response from our community.  I do
appreciate the many people who, despite vehemently disagreeing with him
politically, have offered their condolences.

Alyse